Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

French Accent support

We changed the value of a Release Name to: "Non défini"
It appears as "Non d(picture of a square)ni"

We tried to use "Non défini" and it didn't work either.

Also we changed values of /website/lang.asp at line #11 to:

Const FB_CATEGORY_FEATURE = "Fonctionalité"

But it don't show up when opening a new case in the category section.

Patrick Gaumond
Tuesday, November 05, 2002

The problem with "Non défini" as a release is definitely a bug.  If you make a project or an area with such a name, it works fine.  The release is created fine, but it just doesn't display correctly.

I will add this to our bug database.

In regards to changing lang.asp, you are welcome to edit however you like... but we don't support changing it from anything but english (at this point)...only because there are other places in the code that aren't as evident for the translation.  For example in order to get the category to change, you would actually need to also edit your Category table in the database.

Michael H. Pryor

hold on a second, let me check and tell you what you need to change if you want accents in lang.asp...

Joel Spolsky

I have a fix for the french accent problem in "fix for" fields -- please email fogbugz@fogcreek.com and we'll get you the latest fixed code.

Joel Spolsky

The answer to the second question: if you want to change the category name you would have to change both lang.asp and the database. In the database there is a table called "Category" which has the three strings for Bug, Feature, and Inquiry.

Joel Spolsky

Changing the table Category did the trick to display the equivalent of my lang.asp modification.

Merci !

Patrick Gaumond

I noticed a similar problem which seems to only shows when I select more than one bug and then click "Reopen". The Bulk Operation Window says:

1. Welcome to FogBUGZ Sample Case
2. Impossible posar la Classe de Criteris per�es a l'interior d'un multieix.
3. No se visualiza qu頶ariable es de Saldo

You see in #2 which is written in Catalan, "per(little square)es" instead of "períodes" (accented i).

Also, in #3 which is in Spanish, you see "qu(Kanji symbol)ariable" instead of "qué variable" (accented e).

The question is, when I edit, list, print... these bugs everywhere else, no problem shows.

Daniel Daranas
Wednesday, November 27, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home