Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Emails

I'm trying to figure out how FogBugz would handle an email exchange where there is a to-and-fro conversation with the client.

Imagine this: a client sends a bug report to bugz@fogcreek.com. You reply, saying "I need more information to resolve this. Can you tell me X, Y and Z?". They reply, providing X, Y and Z. Does this get linked to the same bug? (I'm hoping it uses the issue number to link back).

However! As we all know, users are prone to changing things without notice. So let's say they change the subject, removing the Case 90201 section. Can we attach their "new issue" as an email that belongs as part of issue 90210?

Thanks.

Tim Sullivan
Tuesday, November 05, 2002

The easiest way to do this is to forward the email, change the subject to the correct bug number, send it back into the system, then close the dup bug.  Then the message will be attached to the original bug.

Alternatively you can resolve the original bug as a duplicate and this will create a hyperlink between the bugs (but it's not as slick as the first option).

We've been using this system for months to answer customer service email and we've never had this happen.  It's a rare case, and there is an easy workaround...

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, November 05, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home