Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Customers can only close a case?

With the new public (not an account) ability to input a case does the person inputting still have control over a case being closed?

I'm concered about the following scenerio:

Customer inputs a bug, developer reports it as not to fix, customer keeps the bug open forever.

thanks.

TimH
Thursday, October 31, 2002

What happens is that the bug remains assigned to a person with a real account inside the organization, and that person, not the customer, would close the bug.

When you're sending email to a customer, there's a button that says "SEND AND CLOSE" which sends the email, resolves the bug as "RESOLVED - REPLIED", and closes it, all in one fell swoop, which is what we use 90% of the time when we're just answering customer questions.

Joel Spolsky

Thank you.

Unless I missed it, I wish stuff like this was more apparent in the demo.

Also in the demo - I'd like to see what an outside customer can view to track their open submitted issues.

TimH

Sorry 'bout that, the current version of 3.0 on the trial server does not have the documentation integrated yet. That will appear momentarily :)

Actually customers who submit bugs using the "external" interface do not have any way to check the status. See http://discuss.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=571&ixReplies=3 for discussion.

Joel Spolsky

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home