Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Attachements

I have uploaded a word document to one of my bugs.  Whenever I try and make updates to it through fogBugz, it asks me if I want to save them (which I reply yes), but then when I go back to the bug and open the document (the change is lost).  The only way I can do it currently is to delete the attachment and re-upload it -- which is quite time consuming.  Not to mention it clogs up the bug text with unecessary change tags.

Hrag Kopooshian
Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Like clicking on any link from a web page, your browser downloads a copy of the file to your local computer and when it opens the file, it is opening the one on your local computer, not the one on the server.

This is the way almost all web sites work.  Since the file isn't on your local computer, it would take a large amount of effort to make happen what you want to happen.

If you have access to the file server you could go into the FileUploads directory and edit the file yourself, but this would harm the historical nature of FogBUGZ (in that FB always records the history of a case as it migrates through its life - you can't edit the past).

Michael H. Pryor
Wednesday, October 16, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home