Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

WebSVN

I installed Subversion, and I have been able to add source trees and make revisions, everything works great.  I installed WebSVN (IIS 6, Win Server 2k3), and I get the initial screen with a link to my repos directory.  When I click that link, I get an error saying error running this command: svnlook youngest "d:\subversion\repos"

I can run this command from the command line just fine (it returns 2), and I don't know how to fix this.  I've googled for this error, but I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem either. 

My ultimate goal, of course, is to get the Subversion-WebSVN-FogBugz chain working in harmony.  Anyone know what I'm missing?

nathan
Friday, December 10, 2004

So when I read to the bottom of the install.txt, I see this:

COMMON PROBLEMS

1) On a Windows machine, this error is reported:

Warning: shell_exec(): Unable to execute

If you experience this problem, you need to give IUSR_<machinename> execute
permissions on %systemroot%\system32\cmd.exe. Under most systems, the file will
be C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe.

when I do this, I get an error when I hit the main page:
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Is this a Win 2k3 security issue?

nathan

I had to disallow anonymous access to webSVN for this to work.  Luckily, this is within a domain, so that's not a problem for me.  This issue is discussed here in detail:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=25863

Good luck!

nathan

I had a similar error Running WebSVN on W2k Server, and I fixed it by changing the Anonymous user to an interactive account that has permission to access the WebSVN directory and by disabling Integrated Windows Authentication. I also had to log in with that user and connect to my subversion repository with it.

Now if I could only get diff.php to work!

-=Aaron=-

Aaron Flynt
Saturday, December 11, 2004

Aaron -

I'm using Services for Unix 3.5 - it includes diff, and I didn't have to setup anything for that.  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/sfu/

nathan
Saturday, December 11, 2004

Thanks, I managed to get it to work with Cygwin, already though (user error).

I didn't even think about sfu. I probably should have just gone that route. The syntax highlighting (enscript) is kind of useless anyway. It makes the diff's difficult to read.

-=Aaron=-

Aaron Flynt
Monday, December 13, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home