Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Dispatch Memory Utilization

Let me start by saying FogBugz is an excellent product and we have been very satisified with it thus far. Unfortunately, we recently noticed that the email dispatch service running on our server is using an unsually large amount of memory. The memory utilization hits ~400Mb after the service has been running a few minutes, and usually peaks at close to ~600Mb after a few hours.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? How can we go about fixing it? This is a major problem, as we are running FogBugz on one of our testing servers and would like to avoid being forced to dedicate a completely different server just to run FogBugz.

Thanks for your help,

Ron

Ron Rodenberg
Friday, December 10, 2004

PHP or windows?

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

All Microsoft jokes aside, Windows Server 2000.

Ron Rodenberg

Which version are you using?

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Sorry, I was mistaken. We are running:

Windows Server 2003 Version 5.2.3790
Xeon 2.4
1.25 GB of RAM

Ron Rodenberg

Not sure about which version of FogBugz, I should know here shortly. Thanks for your help.

Ron Rodenberg

FogBugz Version 3.1.9(DB 328)

Ron Rodenberg

Is there a GIANT attachment message in your mailbox?  It's possible that one of your mailboxes has a big msg that keeps trying to get imported but cannot because the import method times out, so it keeps trying over and over again...

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Hmm, our mailbox is empty so that probably isn't the cause. Any other ideas?

Ron Rodenberg

Let's move this over to support...  Just send an email to us from https://shop.fogcreek.com/mail referencing this discussion with your order number.  Thanks!

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home