Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Great product, ugly dogs

Is there a way to turn off the 'Picture of the Day" area?

vloera
Thursday, November 18, 2004

You can just replace the photos in the Website\Pictures folder with your own photos.  Just delete what is in there and drop in some other pictures, like your happy company logo for instance :)

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, November 18, 2004

The 'picture of the day' is one of the first things I wanted to get rid off, but I couldn't find the configuration option for it.

I don't see any function to turn if off, can it be optional in any upcoming release?

Tx,

Rene

Rene
Friday, November 19, 2004

It is optional. You can just replace it with whatever picture you like, or even a blank picture if you want.  Just delete the files in the Website\Pictures folder and drop in whatever you want

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Or, change the source code, so it doesn't do the time-warp thing and load this crap.

Sorry guys, but "Picture of the Day", how professional is that ?

Nemesis [µISV]

Think about someone write functional specification about some new 'bugtracking' project and specifies the 'picture of the day' feature...

I couldn't find any reason for implementing such function, so why not add background music in the next version too ;-)

Rene

Thanks for your excellent suggestions!  We'll definitely consider them for a future version.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Once I deleted the dog pictures and add pictures of off-shore sailing and sailboats, my mood brightened dramatically.

You can add in whatever you like.  If you have little imagination, you can always do a Google image search for "clear.gif".

Chris Williams

> Or, change the source code, so it doesn't do the time-warp
> thing and load this crap.
>
> Sorry guys, but "Picture of the Day", how professional is that ?

Please define what you think "professional" means.

Boring? Drab? Lacking personality? Devoid of fun? 10x10 cubical? Corporate dress code? Sucking the individuality and life out of the team?

Picture of the Day feature is fun. Work should be fun. Bug reporting should be fun. Why would anybody stuff the corporate logo in there!? Ugh! How uninspiring.

Give your team access to the folder and let them put in their own fun pictures to share with the team.

MarkS
Monday, November 22, 2004

Not necessarily going to argue about the opinion of the supplied pictures - but there's nothing wrong with /having/ the pictures in the system, especially as you can replace them with whatever you want.

Murph

I might define professional as "works as efficiently as possible within the constrains of the clunky web-application paradigm"

Serving up whimsical pictures of animals might not fall within this definitition.

Will Dean

We've replaced the pictures with photoes of all employees and changed the header to "Employee of the day" ;)

Hallvard Vassbotn
Thursday, December 02, 2004

We have a bunch of pictures from http://www.despair.com/

Currently, the picture of the day is "Get to Work" - you aren't being paid to believe in the power of your dreams.  Hmmm... I guess I should get back to work ...

nathan
Monday, December 13, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home