Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

4.0 Questions

I'm not sure about your policy to answer fogbugz 4.0 questions. We're in the process of finding a new bug tracking system (not using fogbugz today, but it certainly seems like an option). To evaluate if fogbugz 4.0 would be an option I'd appricate to see a list of 4.0 features, I've found a few indications on features but not a really complete list (???). I've seen about the beta, but a feature list would still be nice to see.

Some questions:

* Will it integrate with windows authentication or will you still need to maintain a separate user database?
* Have you added a field for "Severity"?
* Can you relate links (many-to-many relations in a database manner, not html links in the body text of the bug)?
* Does it benefit from .Net technology or is it still legacy asp?
* Can you filter on bugs that have been reported but not yet triaged?

Nils
Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Actually, we've decided to hold off on discussing 4.0 features until we're ready to ship and have a final list for everyone to see.  So unfortunately I can't respond to each individual question until we make that list available.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Also, you probably already saw this but in case not...

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=4873&ixReplies=12

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Could you give a date range for release or public beta? Something broad is fine, like  "by the end of the year" or "Q1 2005".

Marc
Wednesday, November 17, 2004

"Something broad is fine, like  "by the end of the year" or "Q1 2005"."

That sounds about right...

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, November 17, 2004

:)

Good. I just wanted to make sure we were not talking about next summer or something.

Marc
Thursday, November 18, 2004

"benefit", from . ".Net technology"

Tiger
Thursday, November 18, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home