Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

FogBUGZ Internal error installing

Platform: RedHat Linux 8.0
Apache 2 installed with PHP and curl, everything is where it should be. I run the fogbugz installer and everything completes fine. Then I access the url (http://localhost/fogbugz/install2.php) to finish the installation and I get the following error.

File:
/opt/fogbugz/Website/ThistleUtil.php
Line:
Error:
fopen(../Accessories/application.data): failed to open stream: Permission denied
Browser:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3; Linux)
Number:
0x2
URL:
/fogbugz/install2.php
Time:
2004-11-03 13:07:31

I realize is has to be some kind of a permission problem, I just have no idea where to start since there are so many components involved. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Keith Bottner
Wednesday, November 03, 2004

You'll need to give your apache2 user full permissions on the FogBugz/application.data file.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

My Apache 2 server runs under root currently. When I ran the FogBUGZ configuration utility I specified the root group. The error still occurred. I went ahead and changed the user and group to apache and it still makes absolutely no difference I still get the same error when I am trying to install.

Any other ideas?

Keith Bottner

Ok, I modified my httpd.conf to use the apache user and apache group. I then restarted my server. I went into the /opt/fogbugz direction and re-ran the installer application specifying apache when it asked for the group. I then went to access the web page to finish out the configuration and after agreeing to the terms I then got this.

File:
/opt/fogbugz/Website/ThistleUtil.php
Line:
Error:
fopen(../Accessories/application.data): failed to open stream: Permission denied
Browser:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3; Linux)
Number:
0x2
URL:
/fogbugz/install2.php

Time:
2004-11-03 13:07:31

Keith Bottner

Have you chmod'ed the file that it complains about to 777 for all users (chmod it back to something less after install perhaps )?

Martin Alderson
Saturday, December 04, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home