Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Product idea -- FogHELPDEZK

Hi FogCreek!

I would like to suggest an idea for your next product -- an online helpdesk system for handling customer support inquiries.

We are currently looking for a good helpdesk, but after the clarity of FogBUGZ they all look bloated.

Best regards,
Vladimir Golovin.

Vladimir Golovin
Thursday, October 28, 2004

Thanks for the kind words! All of our customer contact is handled through FogBugz, I recommend it to anyone needing a helpdesk solution.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software

Well, all of our customer *email* contact I should say! Obviously, this forum post isn't in FogBugz :)

BUT, these forums ARE run on FogBugz (4.0):
http://discuss.joelonsoftware.com/?joel

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software

The problem is that FogBugz emails are loaded with FogBugz-specific info ("Case#, "Assigned to" etc). I don't want our users to see them -- they should see a normal email with no extra fields in the body, with previous communication included.

In my opinion, the communication with users should look as a normal email exchange from their point of view. My hosting provider uses a ticket system and I must say that I hate it -- its emails are loaded with extra data I don't need, the previous email is lost, and I have to look into my "Sent" folder to remember what I was asking exactly.

Is it possible to send "clean" emails from FogBugz without modifying the source code?

Vladimir Golovin
Friday, October 29, 2004

You can do this in 3.0 and it will be easier in 4.0.  If the message comes in through dispatcho (configure the Mailboxes screen), then you can hit "Reply" and send the user any message you want.

See:

http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/HowFogBUGZWorks.html

about halfway down the page.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Friday, October 29, 2004

Thanks Michael -- looks great. Can I attach files to the emails to customers sent from FogBugz?

Vladimir Golovin
Friday, October 29, 2004

Yes, you can!

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Friday, October 29, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home