Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Problems Setting Up VSS Integration

My company has been using FogBugz for just over a month, and we're very happy with it.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble configuring the VSS integration - when I try a test run of vss_fbupdate.wsf, I receive the following error:

"Could not locate automation class named "SourceSafe""

at the line:

WScript.CreateObject("SourceSafe")

The Fogbugz accessories directory is on one machine on our network, the Fogbugz database on another, and VSS on a third. I mapped the VSS directory to a network drive on the Fogbugz machine, so the paths are:

E:\webshare\FogBugz\accessories\vss_fbupdate.wsf

and for VSS
V:\

The FogBugz user has full permissions to V:\ and is locating journal.txt

Kate Paulk
Monday, October 11, 2004

Are you using this guide:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/help/VSSVBScript.html

VSS must be running on the same machine that FogBUGZ is running on. (If this is not feasible for you, you can copy over default.asp to run on IIS on the VSS machine. Be sure the FogBUGZ user has permissions on the VSS files on that server as specified above.)

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Monday, October 11, 2004

Thanks. I was following the directions on that file, but I must have missed that VSS needs to be on the same machine as FogBugz.

Kate

Kate Paulk
Monday, October 11, 2004

Or you need to register those SUSS.DLL and the other source safe dll's on the remote machine so that it can create the COM object.  In other words, if you map the drive to VSS, that should be OK, but the COM object lives inside SourceSafe DLLs, so they will need to be copied to the FB machine...

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Monday, October 11, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home