Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

German Version

Hi,

will (when will) there be a localized German version of Fog Bugz available?

Until it's available in German, I can't realistically evangelize it to mz German speaking users.

- Richard

Richard Quinn
Monday, September 20, 2004

For now:

http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/KB/howto/Translate.html

We will consider doing a German localization for a future release.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software

Is this true?

You will sell me a licence to use Fog Bugz, and I must pay a programmer and a translator to make the changes necessary to be able to use it?

Sorry, but that doesn't seem like a fair deal to me.

Richard Quinn

We currently do not have a translated version of FogBugz, although as Dmitri pointed out, you can translate it yourself if you would like to.  Thanks for trying out our product!

Michael H. Pryor

I tried translating it in Dutch language.
I stopped half way.
It's too much and besides lots of things are hard to translate.

And future release........
What future release ?
There haven't been any new releases for over a year now !!!!

Adrie Bouwmeester
Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Believe me Richard: it's quite fun to be able to personalize the complete product in this way - try putting in the German equivalent of sentences like  "Close the damn case!" or "Solved (I told you so!)", whatever: German humor is probably much better and remember: there is no "non-professional" ;-)

Adrie: drop me an email if interested in a (professional) Dutch version.

Gert
Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Actually we released the latest Unix version of FogBugz in April 2004 (six months ago).

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, September 30, 2004

Both the Mac OSX and the Unix versions of FogBugz were released during this past year. Support for non-Windows platforms was one of our number one customer requests. We have also been hard at work on the next version for all platforms during this time.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, September 30, 2004

Is it possible for me as an "evaluating" potential customer to view the lang.asp file without having to purchase FogBUGZ first?

I would just like to see the amount of text that would have to be translated to evaluate if it is at all feasible.

Martin
Friday, October 22, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home