Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

FogBUGZ Documentation

Where does someone find documentation on FoguBUGZ.  My client has just started using it and I want to review documentation but have not been able to find any.

Mark Loew
Tuesday, September 07, 2004

http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/help/

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, September 07, 2004

It would make the product much stronger if there were a reference manual provided with it, and made available within the help index page. The current help illustrates typical usage reasonably well, but in an adhoc sort of way. A reference manual would provide one organized place within which to find answers to usage and configuration questions. Making such a reference manual consist of a small number of fairly large pages would make it simple to search.

At present, for example, I have to search through the Fog Creek website for an answer to a question that I know I read about somewhere: What is the syntax used to refer to another case when entering text in a related case?

Most software products have such things. One shouldn't have to search through a discussion group or web site searching for such answers. A reference manual would empower users to find such answers on their own instead of relying on administrators, making everyone a bit happier with the product. Thanks!

Rob Prentice
Friday, November 12, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home