Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

ASP 0206 error - cannot call BinaryRead

Disclaimer: this report is with a totally unsupported browser but I am curious what is happening.

I just found out I can get to our internal FogBugz server using my BlackBerry web browser. Everything was going great (logging in, viewing bugs) until I tried to close a bug that had been resolved.

I entered some text (e.g. "confirmed resolved") and clicked ok.  I then got the error message:
Your bug was NOT submitted. Please hit back and resubmit your bug.:
006 "ASP 0206" Cannot call BinaryRead. Cannot call BinaryRead after using Request.Form collection.

Just curious if anyone had any ideas. We're using FogBugz version 3.1.9

Dave
Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Basically here's what is happening...

When you have a web form that has a file attachment input on it, you have to set the encoding for the form differently (because it is uploading a file).  There is a standard way to do this and if you view the source when you are editing a bug, you can see it.  I suspect the browser on the BBerry doesn't understand this format and so it isn't sending the HTTP post in the right format, it is sending it in the regular format.  So when FB goes to decode the post, it chokes.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Thanks, that makes sense.

I did some more reading and found the BlackBerry browser reference guide which says that Form, enctype is ignored. Form data is encoded with the content-
application/x-www-form-urlencoded.

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8067/8655/8563/BlackBerry_Browser_3.7_Developer_Guide?nodeid=348807&vernum=0

Dave

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home