Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

How to list cases by modification date

Is it possible to list cases by modification date? I'm looking to easily see "what's been updated lately" independent of what type of case, who owns it etc. I looked at the advanced filter page, and didn't see an option that looked like this for sorting.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

Joel Foner
Friday, August 13, 2004

It's on the list for the next version.  Currently you can list newest cases first (or last), but not most recently edited cases.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Friday, August 13, 2004

Agitate agitate agitate - keep it on the list! :)  This is the way you can, as a PM, check on how things are going in case you missed some email (my ISP had a mail meltdown this week, so this possibility is 'fresh in mind'). This also is -very- useful for running bug and feature reviews...

Thanks,

Joel

Joel Foner
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

<It's on the list for the next version. >

Within 15 minutes of first using FogBugz, I lamented that this sort capability didn't exist.  And within 16 minutes, I lamented that the top list doesn't have more sort capabilities / column selection options.

Then I was glad to find this posting that capability is being considered for a future release.

Suggestion: It would help us--and probably others--to evaluate the product better during our trial use if we could review what types of future enhancements are being considered for FogBugz.  Of course, I realize that there may be no promises for future delivery but at least I could know what is being considered, and then perhaps add some "must have" ideas of my own.

Joe
Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Hmmm. Just took a peek in the database - I guess the reason this isn't there yet is that there's no "modification date-time" stamp in the bugs table, so there's no way to report on it...

JoelF
Saturday, September 25, 2004

I would be interested in this too. I lead a very small sw group and we coordinate informally using a weblog. We use meta information to associate each post to a project and we plan to use meta information also to track the status, but that's done best with a system like FogBugz, if only it had a weblog view, which is pretty close to the list by mod date requested by joel. To make my heart finally happy this would be also a wiki, so that one can enter a new feature request, the specs would evolve and  when the feature is implemented they would become part of the documentation very naturally. Maybe I am just daydreaming but I see these things as very closely related: specs (=documentation), project management, bug and feature tracking, bulletin board. Having to move things from movable type to twiki to bugzilla is not the best way to go.

Antonio Piccolboni
Sunday, October 03, 2004

me too, me too! :-)

I just got our (small) company to switch from our home grown bug tracking to fogBugz - quite happily in most cases.  But I do really miss the "sort by recent activity" feature. 

And (lower priority than above) I would also like to be able to add additional view columns, also - like Area, for example.

Kristi

Kristi Bittner
Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Just logging my vote for this enhancement request.

An alternative solution would be to allow people to automatically get email notifications for updates to <all tickets> or <filtered tickets>; but this seems like overkill, and a little annoying, when people really simpy want to "browse recent changes."

Mike Dalessio
Wednesday, October 27, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home