Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

mysql error from a Full Text Of Case Search

When we do any "Full text of case" search, we get the following error:
Fatal error: mysql error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'BOOLEAN MODE) AND Bug.fOpen = 1 LIMIT 50' at line 1] in EXECUTE(" SELECT DISTINCT Bug.ixBug as ixBug FROM (Bug INNER JOIN BugEvent ON Bug.ixBug = BugEvent.ixBug) WHERE MATCH(s) AGAINST('justify' IN BOOLEAN MODE) AND Bug.fOpen = 1 LIMIT 50") in /opt/fogbugz/Website/adodb/adodb-errorhandler.inc.php on line 75
Any clues as to why?

Christopher Paluch
Monday, August 02, 2004

Which version of mysql do you have?

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Monday, August 02, 2004

I just realized, this could be because you got your database from the trial and don't have a fulltext index installed on your mysql database.... Is that possible?

http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/KB/dbsetup/SetUpFTSinMySql.html

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Monday, August 02, 2004

It is Version 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58.
I did get the database from a trial.
I did see that info in the documentation about the full text index.  I tried their query and it failed, so I then executed the command to build the index.  The test query now returns a zero records found message, but when I go back to FogBugz and enter a query it still gives me the same error.

Christopher Paluch
Monday, August 02, 2004

Hmm.. it shouldn't be using IN BOOLEAN mode for you because you have a pre 4.01 database.

You can either upgrade mysql to 4.01 or modify the CBugList.php file to not use IN BOOLEAN MODE.  (Just remove those words from the sql query).

I'll put it on the list to fix it for the next release.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Monday, August 02, 2004

Removing "IN BOOLEAN" fixed the problem.  Maybe the Linux version has a problem determining the Mysql Version.
Thanks for all the help.

Christopher Paluch
Monday, August 02, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home