Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

cvsnt integration (win2k)

i've been banging my head against the wall on this one... i'm sure it's obvious, but i just don't see it.

i've configured everything (i think) as specified in the KB article: logBugData.pl gets called, and if i hardcode the ixBugNumber it will write to FB. However, no matter what i seem to type, i can't get the ixBugNumber to populate when using "cvs commit". However, if i use "cvs commit -m "BUGZID:17 test" " ixBugID populates (with 17 in this case).

Any thoughts?

ivan
Friday, July 23, 2004

It wants BugzID:6 to be on its own line...

Have you tried..

----
BugsID:4
here is the checkin msg..
---

you can change this by removing the trailing '$' in the regexp for the checking of the bugzid part in logbugdata.pl.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Friday, July 23, 2004

i believe i've done that, but will try again. i don't seem to get *any* checkin messages unless i do the "-m" (in other words, if i just do "cvs commit" and end up in the editor, whatever i type gets ignored. maybe cvs isn't seeing the temp file that has the checkin text)?

ivan
Friday, July 23, 2004

aha! After some "playing around", i determined that the issue with "cvs commit" wasn't fogbugz-related, but (apparently) mine. I'm using cvsnt on win2k and *was* using notepad for my cvseditor. when i issued a "cvs commit", notepad would open in a separate window for me to edit the checkin message, but the main (cmd) window would indicate "Log message unchanged or not specified". Apparently the cvs commit process wouldn't wait for the editor to complete.

changing CVSEDITOR to vi fixed the problem, and now the checkin text appears and fogbugz gets updated.

yippee!

ivan
Friday, July 23, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home