Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Version 1 Checkins

Whenever I create a new ASPX page, link it to a FogBugz case, and then check it in... it doesn't show up in the Checkin history for the case.

Is this a feature or a bug of FogBugz? Does it only allow tracking Checkin history for edited files and not newly created files? Or, is there a special way to get new files to show up in the Checkin history for a case?

James Williams
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Does it work for other files?  Just not ASPX?

Have you done this part:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/help/SettingupSourceCodeIntegr.html

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

It only happens to NEW files added to the Vault. Existing files that were checked out and then checked in are not affected by this problem.

James Williams
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Ahh.. I see.

This is a bug in showvssdiff.asp and vss_fbupdate.wsf that will be fixed in the next version.

You can modify it to work now..
Just search for "Checked in" in those files and add a corresponding section for "Created"

for instance in vss_fbupdate.wsf you have
            If sItemAction = "Checked in" Then

which would become
            If sItemAction = "Checked in" or sItemAction = "Created" Then

Does that make sense?

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Yes it does. I will implement this fix. Thank you.

James Williams
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

How about a line like this from vss_fbupdate.wsf:

ElseIf sPrevVersion = "yes" And Left(rVersion.Action, 11) = "Checked in " Then

Should this be changed to:

ElseIf sPrevVersion = "yes" And Left(rVersion.Action, 11) = "Checked in " Or Left(rVersion.Action, 7) = "Created" Then

Basically, I am wondering do we really need to change ALL lines that reference "Checked in" to also include "Created" in both files?

James Williams
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I don't have VSS here, so I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that line matters so much (since it is trying to get the previous version, and in this case there is none).

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Changed showvssdiff.asp and vss_fbupdate.wsf and still didn't fix the Version 1 problem. Any other code changes required? Were you able to get this fixed?
Thank you.

Lenny
Thursday, July 22, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home