Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

MySQL on Win - Update doesn't update

I'm using MySQL on Windows 2000 and setup per the FAQ. I can add and delete projects, users, etc. however records never seem to accept "updates". i can go into MySQL GUI and change data without error. FogBugz and GUI tool are both using the same username. Is there a debug somewhere to see what's going on??

aknasinski
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Often people miss one little thing on this doc and spend days pulling out their hair as a result:

http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/KB/dbsetup/UsingMySQL.html

I do recommend you double check every line in that doc.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

MySQL and FB are both running on W2k right? What version of MySQL do you have? What version of MyODBC? You're NOT using the MS ODBC driver, right? That's been known not to work. Use MyODBC driver.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

We have a MySQL setup running here and it is all working fine.

If you want I can send you a SQL dump of the database, minus the actual data, so you can check that all the variable data types, in all the tables, are correct.

I remember when I set it up there were a few incorrect data types and I had to correct them before it would work, but as per normal I forgot to document which ones were wrong.

Jon

Jon Tresadern
Thursday, July 15, 2004

4.0.8 MySQL
Using 3.5.1 MyODBC driver
The MySQL user has full privs yet updates don't "take"
I can go into myphpadmin which is using the same name/pw and make updates without error.
Both are running on the same win2k box.

I will go thru the doc again...

aknasinski
Thursday, July 29, 2004

4.0.18 is the rev. sorry.

aknasinski
Thursday, July 29, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home