Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Subversion and Mac OS X

Has there been any progress/updates on integrating Subversion with FogBUGZ on a Unix box? I know there were some scripts floating around (one php and one perl) but that was some time ago and the links don't seem to point to the scripts any more.

Just wondering if it's an easily solved problem and that's why the comments dropped off, or if it's impossible and that's why the comments have dropped off. :-)

I'm (finally) ready to tackle the issue now...

Thanks!

Terrence Talbot
Friday, July 09, 2004

Figured I'd follow up to my own message. I've been able to get FogBUGZ and Subversion talking at about the 90% level.

Back in March (!), I got a copy of logBugDataSVN.php from Michael Pryor and then found a previous entry here with a Windows batch file that I combined and cleaned up and fix several bugs to the point that it's useable.

I'm still having an issue with PHP being able to read the response from cvsSubmit.php but it doesn't seem to matter much: at that point FogBUGZ's already figured out that you submitted a fix or it hasn't. It's not like you can back up and recommit...

I'll send the changes back to Michael. If anyone else is interested, let me know. I assume it's cool to make my fixes available to others?

Terrence Talbot
Friday, July 09, 2004

Yeh, we're still in the process of putting together docs and such for this. We use FB with SVN here, all on Windows. And yes it's more than fine to share the fixes here on the board, it's appreciated.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Monday, July 12, 2004

Our new docs will be posted asap, trying to make that today.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Monday, July 12, 2004

Our docs our now up on this, starting here:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/help/SettingupSourceCodeIntegr.html

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Tuesday, July 13, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home