Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Upgrade from fogBugz 3.1.9 to newer 3.1.9 build

I'm trying to upgrade our fogbugz 3.1.9 to the latest 3.1.9 build and the installations fails. It gives the following error message:

Fogbugz setup could not remove the dispatcho service. the service will be marked for deletion.

When Ok is pressed, the install does not continue. Then when the install is cancelled and we try to view our fogbugz home page the following error is displayed:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/FogBugz/preheader.asp, line 183

Invalid class string

We are running Fogbugz on IIS 4.0

Brian Vaughan
Friday, July 09, 2004

Try manually uninstalling the Dispatcho service (instructions at http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/KB/setup/DispatchoWindows.html) and then run FogBugz SETUP again.

Unless I'm hopelessly out of the loop, there is only one "3.1.9" version of FogBugz.

Joel Spolsky
Fog Creek Software
Friday, July 09, 2004

Running register.bat (in your Fogbugz/accessories folder) would probably fix your createObject error, here's more on that:

http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/KB/errors/CreateObject.html

And yeh, there's only one 3.1.9. (How could Joel be out of the loop?? That's just silly talk.)

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Monday, July 12, 2004

I think what he's referring to is that even though I have version 3.1.9 installed, I keep getting a notification (in FogBUGZ) that a new version is available. When I click on it, it takes me the download and shows me a file with the same name and version that I already have installed.

Is there a newer version than 3.1.9?

If not, then why is the "new version" alert showing up?

Ryan Wood
Friday, July 16, 2004

That's a known bug, it will be fixed in a future release. You can just dismiss that message.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Friday, July 16, 2004

You should only see that notification on the Help screens.  The main FogBugz page shouldn't have the erroneous notification.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Friday, July 16, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home