Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Switch picture of the day on/off

is there a way to switch off the pictures so that they are not present on either grid or list view.

thanks

Steve
Thursday, July 08, 2004

I wish there was.  We've got rid of the silly (and unprofessional) animal pictures and replaced them with the Company logo.  Boring, but professional.

Colin Potter
Thursday, July 08, 2004

Whatever pictures are in your Website\Pictures folder will be cycled through... so you can delete the photos in there and put whatever you want instead.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, July 08, 2004

Colin, What's so unprofessional about animal pictures? What's so professional about a company logo. I don't see how either of those relates to professionalism. It just sounds like you work in, or are striving for, a sterile work environment that tries to stamp out individualism or fun.

Why not let your employees submit their favorite pictures to be shared amongst the group? Why not do something fun with it. Work should be "fun" afterall.

Mark S
Saturday, July 10, 2004

We have a couple of "photoshop gurus" who love to make mock photos by seemlessly placing the heads of the developers on many hilarous pictures. We've filtered the more risque ones, but we've made the picture of the day a kind of "best of..." collection from the past couple years. Everyone can't wait to log in each morning get the next laugh.  Life is too short to not enjoy it. Code on!

Ryan Wood
Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Ryan, you guys just won first place in the "Best Use of the Pictures Folder" category! We oughta do that here..... hmmmmm......... I've got photoshop...........

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, July 15, 2004

Ryan... that's awesome.

I've enjoyed some of the work in the photoshop contests over on http://www.fark.com/ and http://www.worth1000.com/

Endless hours of entertainment when you've had enough of fixing bugs for the day. ;-)

Mark S
Sunday, July 18, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home