Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Segmentation Faults with Fogbugz in linux

This week I was upgrading our apache server include SSL support.  While I was doing this I decided to upgrade mysql, PHP and FogBugz.  We are running a Debian with the 2.4.18-686 kernel.  I upgraded to Apache 1.3.31, PHP 4.3.7 , mysql 4.0.20 and FogBugz 3.1.21 (DB 328).  We are also running Tomcat 4.something

After the upgrade all our websites worked as before.  Also, FogBugz initially appeared to work.  However, various functions caused a 'The page cannot be displayed' error in IE.

When I looked at the apache error log the following message was being generated.

exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I reported the bug to the FogBugz team and they have looked into it.  It is not a bug in FogBugz but it is actually caused by the PHP function mysql_fetch_field().  However, a quick google search shows that this is cauased by mysql.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve it?

Andrew Langrick
Friday, June 18, 2004

I am experiencing the same problem, on only one of my two FogBugz databases.  Any ideas how to solve it?

Lee Semel
Friday, June 25, 2004

In my particular case, deleting the contents of the Licenses table and re-entering the licenses solved the problem.  Not sure how this is related to MySQL. 

I was using MySQL 4.0.17 and php 4.3.4

Lee Semel
Friday, June 25, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home