Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Who's Using FogBugz?

I would love to know who is using FogBugz, specifically state government agencies. Other details that I'm curious about include how long you've been using it, etc.

Rustynne Dalton
Friday, June 11, 2004

Our company has been using it for a little over 2 years. we're a small software company that makes administrative software for colleges. 

Jon Newton
Saturday, June 12, 2004

we are a small group of software engineers, physicist, mechanical and electrical engineers working on improving Legacy code for a scientific instrument developer. 

Lloyd Newby
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

We are a small pre-market startup using the demo version of FogBugz for our ~20-person team to manage issues and application defects.  We were using Problem Tracker but found its core functionality lacking and its user interface suboptimal.  We're evaluating FogBugz to see if it better suits our needs.

So far, I'd say the evaluation is going positively.  Once our new dev boxes get installed and configured (within the next couple weeks perhaps), we'll be making the decision to either stick with Problem Tracker or go with FogBugz.

Ed Lucas
Tuesday, June 15, 2004

My company -- an eighty-person start-up in early market stages -- has been using FogBUGZ for nearly two years now. Very happy with it generally -- it could use more robust search functionality but otherwise it does the job very ably indeed. With Perforce integration it's a heckuva tool.

We migrated from Bugzilla with only minor issues and have been happy we did so.

Support has been excellent, too.

Corey Reid
Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Thanks for such good feedback. I appreciate it!

Rustynne Dalton
Wednesday, July 07, 2004

FogBugz is also used by some of the largest, "household word" name brands in CPU and electronics manufacturers, software, pharmaceuticals, entertainment, transportation, and more, all around the world, as well as US federal, military, and state agencies.

I am in the process of requesting approval to name these companies and agencies.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Friday, July 23, 2004

It's perfect for our two person startup. We both work out of our homes.

It's web-based. It's fast and clean. It's simple to use and administer. It doesn't burden you with requirements to enter too many fields. It isn't full of bells and whistles that you don't need so you can focus on the process of tracking bugs. It's been invaluable.

I've worked at larger companies in the past that used Remedy and SilkRadar (Segue). I break out in a rash just thinking about those days.

Both of those products used clunky clients that were a hassle to use. They were all used to attempt to collect too much information. That latter criticism might be better directed at the IT managers or project managers that designed the schema and may have put every possible variable in there to track. fog creek's philosophy of keeping it simple is what makes this product work IMHO.

Since FogBUGZ is a real winner. I look forward to trying out CityDesk too when I get some time because I want to start designing a web site and starting up a blog, and want a quality piece of software that works well and has all of the sensible features I'd need, but not be overstuffed with lots of features I will never get around to using.

Mark S
Sunday, August 15, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home