Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Next version (release) of FogBUGZ?

Hi all,

Can you please advise when will the next version release of FogBUGZ be?
I know this question may not suit this forum but I could not find any other “suitable” forum.
As you haven’t released any version in the past 10 months AND as we’re planning to purchase few licenses for FogBUGZ, we’re just wondering if you have plans to release new version in the near future so we will be ale to start with new version instead of massing up with upgrades.

Thanks.

Yaron
Sunday, June 06, 2004

Our policy is that we don’t announce release dates until they are imminent, and we don’t announce future features until they are built and ready for release. For a more complete description of our policy (and philosophy) you could read this article by our CEO Joel Spolsky:
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/MouthWideShut.html

What do you mean by the word massing? I don't understand your concern.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Monday, June 07, 2004

Hi,

We're currently running FogBugz v3.1.9 (DB 328) and on the Help page it says that there's a new version available. Is it documented anywhere whats been fixed/added in this new version, what is the new version btw?

Klas Fokine
Tuesday, June 08, 2004

This is a bug in the help pages for 3.1.9.  3.1.9 is the current latest Windows build.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Tuesday, June 08, 2004

OK,
Fair enough, your policy (and philosophy) is quite understood and respected.

What I basically meant, is that upgraded system will never function like newly installed one.
You can implicate this on operating systems, on applications and even on database servers – upgraded software will never function like newly installed one. There will always be problems originated in the upgrade.

The reason why I asked this question is that we’re mot interested in purchasing few licenses of FogBUGZ to our company but we wouldn’t like to purchase a product that will soon require to be upgraded and since you haven’t released any new version\upgrade in the past year, it is most likely that you’ll do so soon. (or am I wrong?).

Other issue that I, as “software implementer”, should consider is the frequency of “teaching old dogs about new products”. I assume that it’ll take me about 4-8 weeks till everybody will start working with FogBUGZ (once purchased) and if you’ll release a new version (which we will be interested to implement) it may take additional 3-5 weeks till everyone will understand what’s going on…

Anyway, thanks a lot for your reply.

Yaron.

Yaron MAROM
Monday, June 14, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home