Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

mozilla

Trying to use fogbugz with mozilla 1.0 browser. I am unable to log on; the password is not accepted. Even after changing the password to <blank>, I always get the message "You have not provided the proper password for that user".

David Resnick
Tuesday, June 11, 2002

I just downloaded mozilla and it worked ok for me.
The only problem was that if I didn't check the "Keep me logged in" box, it would only keep me logged in for one page.  Mozilla 1.0 must not play nice with IIS sessions - something to do with the cookies but I haven't figured it out yet.

Also, if you just blanked the password out in the database, you can't just go into the database and zero out the password.  A blank password is not just the empty string in the database because passwords are stored in hashed format.

Maybe you have cookies turned off or you have to add the fb site to your trusted sites.  I'm not sure how Mozilla does security with cookies, but I know it changed some things with 3rd party cookies.

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, June 11, 2002

It was my mistake. I was logged in with IE, so I thought that I had the correct password. Actually, though, I didn't. The problem had nothing to do with Mozilla. Thanks for the help.

David Resnick
Monday, June 17, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home