Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Database Migration Problems

I am trying to move a MySQL FogBugz Database from the server that has FogBugz installed to a  new server without a FogBugz installation. I assumed all I had to do was export the current database and then import it into the new database, then change the ODBC entry to point to the new database, but I get the following error when I do that.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-3.23.58]You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'COUNTER CONSTRAINT LicensesPrimaryKey PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL, sLicense MEMO, sSign' at line 1

/FogBUGZ/dbUpgrade.asp, line 214

I tracked down the code and it is trying to upgrade the database and then failing. I have no idea why it thinks it needs to upgrade the database.

As anyone seen this before? Or has anyone tried moving databases? Am I doing something blatantly obvious?

I figured I would try here before sending it to support. Any help would be appreciated.

Tony
Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Its trying to upgrade the database because it thinks the database is version 0, (because it can't log in).  You need to give the FogBugz user on the machine full access to the new database you created.  If you're using SQL server and the server used to be on the same machine as IIS and now it isn't, you will have to use sql server authentication and include the userid and password in the connection string.  See http://www.connectionstrings.com

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, May 26, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home