Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

PHP version - memory leak?

We are running three instances of FogBUGZ on a Linux server.
They're separate installations, each using their own MySQL
databases.

There appears to be a significant consumption of memory over
time, on the order of 1 GB per day, linked to FogBUGZ usage.
Eventually the machine locks up as swap space reduces to zero.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Any idea what might be causing such a problem? We have been using FogBUGZ very lightly at this point - just configuring projects and creating a small number of test cases.

We're running on Redhat 9 with Apache and tomcat.

Robert Prentice
Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I've never tested FogBugz on an Apache server that had tomcat installed.  All of our test machines just are regular Apache installs.  Do you think that would make a difference? (I can't see why that would cause the virtual memory to skyrocket).

I'll try to repro here, but we have a loads of people using RH9 and I haven't heard of this problem before.  But don't worry, we'll track it down and find a fix for it.

I'll contact you via email tomorrow to get some more info

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, May 26, 2004

We're having a similar problem here. We used a stock RH9 running on a PIII 550. Every 10 days or so, it locks up with thrashing problems, and has to be rebooted.

It's annoying, but I haven't had much time to track it down. We have other PHP installs that don't seem to have this problem.

Eric Salituro
Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Eric,
If you would like to open a support case please email support here:

https://shop.fogcreek.com/support/

Thanks.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I too am experiencing this problem. I am running FogBugz on a RedHat 9.0 server with an Apache/Php/MySql install according to the Fog Creek instructions... I run out of memory on a 512MB system about every 4 days or so...

Aaron Miller
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

We have the same problem.  Need a fix!

Bob Young
Thursday, November 18, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home