Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

"fogbugz@example.com" reply address

Hello,
    We are trying to expand our scoutSubmit to send an e-mail to our FogBugz administrators when there is a bug report submitted through Scout that fails because the project name or area name is not found.  I added code to the fail function to compose the e-mail and used the SendAdminMail function to send the e-mail.  Everything seems to work fine, but I am not sure if I am using the correct call to get the "from" address to be the "fogbugz@example.com" address like e-mails that are generated by the current system code.  I am using g_config.sReplyEmail since that appears like what other places that send out notifications use (like the EMailNotification function in CBug.asp).  However sometimes the e-mail address on the administrative mails in the address of the account I am currently logged into instead of the fogbugz address.  Is there any suggestions you might have on this?

Bryan Wilcox
Thursday, May 20, 2004

Something sounds fishy... like outside of FogBugz.  The g_config.sReplyEmail is always the fogbugz@example.com email, so unless your SMTP server is doing some From: header rewriting then I can't explain what you are seeing.

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 20, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home