Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

New Mac installer fails

Hi,

I've downloaded the new verion for mac 3.1.21 and installed it ok. However after I restart the server Fogbugz still insists I need to update my new version.

Lloyd Newby
Thursday, May 20, 2004

Log in as admin, click on the license page, then click back to the home page.  Does that clear out the error?

Also, can you paste in here the contents of your fogbugz/Accessories/application.data file (remember to edit out any password info that is in there)

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 20, 2004

I deleted your application.data file contents just for your privacy (you and I can still see it though).

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 20, 2004

Sorry about that.  I see what the problem was.  We updated our shop yesterday to provide people with better support contract handling and I inadvertantly reset the "Latest Version" number from the shop.  You can see in your file that it thinks 3.1.17 is the latest version while you have 3.1.21.  Currently it is just doing a string comparison, so FogBugz thinks you don't have the latest version.  Anyway, I've reset everything so if you click on the licenses screen again now a few times and then go back to the home page, your application.data file should update itself to be correct.

I apologize for the confusion.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 20, 2004

Excellent thats sorted the problem.

Thanks.

Lloyd Newby
Friday, May 21, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home