Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Anyway to automate logins and call up a filter?

I have integrated FogBUGZ into our intranet, reading the Access DB to present a count of outstanding cases for each user when they open the site-- now they want that 'count' to be a direct link to their 'My Cases' filter page--

I automate the logins as an icon in our intranet and pass the user id and password in the URL, e.g.

"http://www.apptechsys.com/bug/default.asp?pre=preLogon&ixPerson=1&sPassword=x"

Which brings them up in the Welcome to FogBUGZ page- are there any options for the URL to take them on to the My Cases filter page (they all use default.asp with different options in the URL)

http://www.apptechsys.com/bug/default.asp?pg=pgList&pre=preSaveFilterEZ&ixPersonAssignedTo=1

does not take care of the login, and hence you get the login page, and since both use the 'pre' tag with different options I don't see any way to combine these URLs to get the desired effect

Is there someway to automate the call

Tom Bougan
Thursday, May 13, 2004

You might have to take the "default.asp?pg=pgList&pre=preSaveFilterEZ&ixPersonAssignedTo=1" part and encode it as the "dest" paramater to the logon page.

See the "dest" parameter in logOn.asp.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 13, 2004

Actually I thought more about this, and it isn't possible.  You are trying to do 2 "pre" commands at once... Log in , and save filter preferences... that isn't possible.

You can do one pre command and one pg command at the same time, but not two pre's.

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 13, 2004

I deduced that from the default.asp page- I was hoping you had some backdoor login bypass that would allow me to log them in and redirect to the page again with the second 'pre' command

Tom Bougan
Thursday, May 13, 2004

Just add one to default.asp...

like preRedirectLogon...

takes username, pass and dest

after doing the logon pre step, does a response.redirect to the dest parameter.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 13, 2004

I can make that work, but I will lose my changes when I update your software :(

Tom Bougan
Thursday, May 13, 2004

Source Control! Then just do a diff when you install...

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 13, 2004

Figured out a better way to avoid being stepped on by an upgrade-- I cloned default.asp to defaultx.asp, and added the new code there-- my Intranet calls defaultx.asp which redirects to default.asp once the login code has completed - and still allows FogBUGZ to behave as expected if default.asp is called directly -- thanks for the help

Tom Bougan
Friday, May 21, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home