Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Open a new case via posting to a URL

I am aware of the feature where you can email comments to FogBugz case directly. I am wondering if there is a feature in FogBugz which would allow me to POST (as in HTTP POST) to a FogBugz URL and will create a new case based on the data. Is such feature already available?

This is why I require this -

I have client and server, if there's a crash on client, I'd want this to be created as a new case in FogBugz.  As an alternative I can send a mail from client, but my clients might not have SMTP configured properly so that I can send mail from client. Instead it would be much easier for me to write simple code on client so that it can connect to a specific URL and POST  the required data to it.

Just my thoughts...

Manish Hatwalne
Thursday, May 13, 2004

See ScoutSample.zip in the Accessories folder and the scoutsubmit.asp in the Website folder.

http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/help/UsingFogBUGZtoGetCrashRep.html

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 13, 2004

We have a KB article about this with more details:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/KB/howto/BugzScout.html

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, May 13, 2004

Any chance you can do this for a Linux version of fogbugz?

John Hoffman
Friday, May 14, 2004

I am also interested in knowing if it is possible to have it running on Linux box. Guess there must be an equivalent PHP.

- Manish

Manish Hatwalne
Friday, May 14, 2004

Yep, the PHP equivalent is scoutsubmit.php.  Same thing as the ASP version....

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Friday, May 14, 2004

I've edited that article to clarify that.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Friday, May 14, 2004

I could not find the file "ScoutSample.zip" anywhere on our linux instalation of fogbugz. (FogBUGZ Version 3.1.17 (DB 328)) Where could we find a copy of this file? Thanks, - Tom

Tom Penney
Sunday, May 16, 2004

It's a VB project, so it won't do you much good on Linux.
As it now says in that article I linked to, it's "Included with FogBugz for Windows".

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Monday, May 17, 2004

Well,
When I tried to POST to the URL using simple HTML, I got this error -
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: our_request() in /opt/fogbugz/Website/scoutSubmit.php on line 22

On examining PHP (which I don't understand much), I found that this condition is before the include stuff. Could this be the reason? (the condition is indeed on line 22)

if( our_request("FriendlyResponse") != "1" ) {
  header("Content-type: text/xml ")  ;
}

include("FogBugzClasses.php") ;
include("preheader.php") ;

Manish Hatwalne
Wednesday, May 19, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home