Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Dispatcho and mailbox setup

I have just purchased FogBUGZ and I am trying to set up the mailbox feature.

I get this error after entering all my info : 

Invalid root in registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fog Creek Software\FogBUGZ\C:/Program Files/FogBUGZ/Public/website\dispatcho\2\user".

I have installed two FogBUGZ instances. When I installed the 2nd instance, permissions were lost so I edited the registry and now all seems OK with the overall setup - except Dispatcho.

(I only mention this since the Dispatcho problem may be related to the weird installation behaviour.)

Kent
Wednesday, May 05, 2004

This is some weird VBscript voodoo that I've never been able to figure out.  I imagine if you restart IIS, it will go away.  It doesn't make any sense because it usually isn't reproducible consistently and the key it says is invalid is actually totally valid.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Excellent ! You were right, restarting IIS solved that problem.

Nice job with the overall FogBUGZ product - very nice install with helpful error messages (which are extremely rare...)  :)

Kent
Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I'm getting this error also when trying to set up the mailbox feature.  We are running only one instance of FogBUGZ, version 3.1.9 (DB 328), ASP.

I have restarted IIS several times to no avail.  It is reproducable 100% of the time.  It happens when I click on OK on the Edit Information for Mail Account page (pg=pgEditDispatcho).

Here is the error message: 

WshShell.RegWrite error '80070005'

Invalid root in registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fog Creek Software\FogBUGZ\C:/Program Files/FogBUGZ/website\dispatcho\1\user".

/CMailbox.asp, line 250

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike Fahrenkrog

Mike Fahrenkrog
Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Dmitri and Michael help us resolve the problem.  (Thank you.)  For us, the issue was ultimately caused by the fact that we have set up FogBUGZ to use windows authentication instead of anonymous login.  The resolution was to give our bugbase NT user group full control perms to the HKLM/Software/FogBUGZ registry root.  The mailbox feature works perfectly now.

Mike Fahrenkrog
Wednesday, May 12, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home