Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Dispatcho question

Is there some more detailed documentation available on what setup is required to configure Dispatcho to work so that you can send and receive e-mails from Auto-Submitted bug reports (those created by scoutSubmit.asp).

Bryan Wilcox
Thursday, April 29, 2004

Scout submitted bugs and dispatcho are somewhat unrelated, but I think I know what you mean.

You mean, a bug comes in through scoutsubmit, you want to reply to the user and have it continue the conversation (via dispatcho).

Just set up a mailbox, like support@mycompany.com on your mailserver.  Add it to fogbugz, (see the mailboxes link), and then you should be all set.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, April 29, 2004

At the risk of stating the totally obvious: you'll only be able to reply if an email address was included in the bug report.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, April 29, 2004

I am modeling my error handling dialog to be something similar to the one provided for City Desk in the example, so while the e-mail address is "optional", you will probably assume that out of the many reports you receive a certain percent will provide e-mail addresses, so this feature will be useful for us in those cases.

Bryan Wilcox
Thursday, April 29, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home