Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

"Current Filter" doesn't do release filtering

I am viewing a list of case that I created by a number of clicks. eg: Clicked on one of the releases. Then clicked on the "Switch to Grid view". Then clicked on "assigned to".

At this point the current filter appears at the top of the page. I would like to save this filter. I tried the edit icon assuming that it would take me to the filter page with the required fields correctly populated so that I can save this filter. But instead the current filter looks like a default filter.

I guess the primary issue is that filtering cannot be done by release. Any idea when this will be added to fogbugz.
Thanks

Gireesh
Thursday, April 22, 2004

"I tried the edit icon assuming that it would take me to the filter page with the required fields correctly populated so that I can save this filter. "

This is a bug.  It should.  I think what is going on is that it shortcuts and just filters on the Release.  But on the Filter page, javascript sets the releases based on the project and since no project is stored with the release, it doesn't default to the right release.

Regardless... It works with other things, such as if you clicked on the Project link.  Or if you select one of the global releases.

I'll add it as a bug.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, April 22, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home