Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Feature Req: Add screenshots in one click

I'm working on developing a web application. Quite often the testers need to attach a screenshot to a bug report. Here's the current workflow:

1. Press Print-Screen (on the PC) to capture the screenshot.
2. Open a paint program.
3. Paste in the screenshot.
4. Save the file.
5. Upload the file in FogBUGZ (if they can remember where they saved it.)

It would be a great feature to have a button in FogBUGZ that would automatically upload the contents of the image clipboard as a file straight from the browser in one step.

(I appreciate that you might have problems coding that from a security point of view, but it would be very useful!)

Ian Howlett
Saturday, April 03, 2004

Actually my colleagues and I use a program called screen hunter pro.  This program basically 'freezes" your current display, and lets you either capture the full screen, or a subset of the screen (it actually has one of the best partial screen capture interfaces I have ever seen)....And then it lets you capture either to clipboard, or to file...Since fogbugz remembers the last location you have attached a file, you can capture shots quickly, and then get them attached into a new fogbugz case rather quickly...

Arthur Strutzenberg
Sunday, April 04, 2004

I like fogBugz coz it adheres to the golden rule for software - do something simple but do it well, I use SnagIt which saves screen captures into a named file, so to attach I just hit Attach and select the file, this is quick and easy. Do not overload your software with minority features this is the path to bug ridden hell (and hence the need for fogBugz)

Floyd
Friday, June 18, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home