Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Can't resolve as "Duplicate" in Mozilla 1.7

I've tried to use Mozilla with FogBUGZ today, and when I resolved a bug as a "Duplicate", the window didn't refresh and allow the additional information -- namely the bug # -- to be added.

Is this a known problem?

Dave Nanian
Sunday, March 28, 2004

Yes, this is a known issue, the duplicate field does not appear in Mozilla.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Monday, March 29, 2004

Works with Firefox though!

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Jon Newton
Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Hold on a sec. The desired behavior is that when you resolve as dupe, a textbox appears where you enter the case number. This is not a refresh, it's done with client script. That's the only thing you're talking about, right Dave?

I'm using FireFox .8, I used to use .7, and this client script doesn't work in either browser. Jon, can you give more details? 

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Tuesday, March 30, 2004

That's right: the box doesn't show up on Mozilla or Firefox, for me. Works in Safari.

Dave Nanian
Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Resolve as duplicate works as expected for me (selecting "Resolved (Duplicate)" from status combo-box results in a new "Duplicate of" field appearing).  I'm running FireFox 0.8 - not a nightly build. 

I know it's possible with FireFox to prevent web pages from performing certain actions thru javascript (such as hiding the status bar) - could this be a factor?

Matt
Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Works in firefox .8 for me too (when I remember I run bugz in that so that VS.NET can have all the IE windows closed if necessary).

Murph
Wednesday, March 31, 2004

I'm also running 0.8.. after you pick resolve-dupe and the box fails to show up, does the javascript console have any error messages?

Jon Newton

Okay, in my professional opinion, FireFox is just plain loopy. I put in an alert after this line in dlgBugEditing.asp:

document.getElementById('rowDuplicates').style.display = '';

That made it work. I took that line out, so that the code was back to it's original state. It still worked. I reinstalled FB to restore virgin code. It still worked.

To address the issues in the thread: there were never any error messages, and I always had javascript enabled with all options turned on.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software

So now it works for that installation, on my localhost, but still does not work for a FB instance on a different server. So it's not a javascript setting across the board, it's like a "trust this site" setting I guess... that my alert() shook up.... I want those 5 minutes of my life back.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, April 01, 2004

I'm experiencing the problem where the "Duplicate of"-box does not appear when I select "Resloved (Duplicate)" in the Status box. I'm currently using FireFox 0.9.2 and FogBUGZ version 3.1.21 (DB 328). However, I did get an error in the JavaScript Console:

Error: document.getElementById("ixStatus").options is not a function
Source File: http://myserver/default.php?pg=pgEditBug&ixBug=70&command=resolve
Line: 883

Hope it helps.

Henrik Jernevad
Wednesday, August 11, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home