Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Filtering deleted users in Filter page

Hi Folks,

I found something weird in AssignTo filter page. Due to I have deleted some users from FogBugz, assignTo combobox replace their names to string 'Deleted'. I know that they are not REALLY deleted (to maintain index consistency), but I think they should not appear in this way.

I hope you fix this problem in next version.

Alexandre B. Corrêa
Thursday, April 25, 2002

I'm not seeing this behaviour in 2.03.  Can you check your version?  I just see all users with their names normally.

Also can you give me the URL of the page you are seeing this on? (I don't need access, just the url).

On the filters screen, you should see ALL users whether they are activated or deactivated in the Assign To combo box.  This is by design.

Customer Service
Thursday, April 25, 2002

I am using version 2.03.

Just to better clarify my problem:

1 - I go to filter.asp
2 - On the 'Assigned to:' combo box, it appears 'Deleted' for those users that have been deleted.

Please take a look on this link, showing the bug.

http://world.elipse.com.br/downloads/bug.gif

Alexandre B. Corrêa
Thursday, April 25, 2002

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I've searched our code for the string "Deleted" (capital D lowercase rest of the word) and I can't find any instance of it ever being used in this context.  I also don't get this behavior here or on the demo machine, and I've never seen it before.

Are you sure someone hasn't modified your database?  Or that when you deactivated (we don't have a UI for actually deleting users) the users, you didn't change their name to "Deleted"?  If you go to the Users screen, do all those people show up with their name as "Deleted"?

Customer Service
Thursday, April 25, 2002

First I went onto User pages and I saw various users w/ 'Deleted' string in their names.

Following your instructions, I decided to ask EVERYONE if SOMEONE has changed some registers in SQL Database... and gotcha, our 'System Adminstrator' has decided, by himseft, to change some 'Unused' (deactivated) names to 'Deleted' string.

Thanks for your time and I'm sorry for this inconvienence. :)

Alexandre B. Corrêa
Friday, April 26, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home