Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Permenantly Deleting Bugs - Custom Utility

Hey Guys,

I noticed that several people have posted questions about deleting bugs.  When we first set up FogBugz at my company, we played around a little with sample bugs, and when we were done we wanted to get those bugs out of the database for good.

I wrote a little utility I call the 'FogBugz Garbage Truck' that assists with deleting bugs.  To use it, make a project called 'Trash' (or something else appropriate).  When you wish to delete a bug for good, move it to the 'Trash' project, and then close the case.  Then run the Garbage Truck to take out the trash.

The first time you run the Garbage Truck, it will need your Database connection string -- you can find it in the registry (use RegEdit) at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fog Creek Software\FogBUGZ\sConnectionString.

The following link contains the utility and VB source:

http://www.the-beast.net/download/fogbugz_garbage_truck.zip

Hopefully it will be handy to someone besides me!

-Justin

Justin Schumacher
Wednesday, March 17, 2004

It helped a lot, thanks ~

Liang-Yun Wang
Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Thanks a lot for this tool!

But what about file attachments? It seems to me that this tool does not delete the attachments in the folder "FileUploads".

Perhaps you can add this in the next version :-)

Georg Ledermann
Tuesday, March 23, 2004

I've used this utility too.  Nice works fine.

Perhaps simply needs to be converted to a Web page and added to the next version.

George Leithead
Thursday, April 29, 2004

Is this utility still available anywhere?  We're just migrating to Fogbugz, and some errant importation has left a raft of bugs I'd like to delete permanently.

Chaz Larson
Tuesday, December 07, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home