Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Any ideas why a bug might not be added properly?

Hi,
I'm logged into FogBugz on a test machine, and i've been having occasional trouble with entering bugs into the system. The workflow seems to be as such:
1. enter bug description (and attachment if necessary)
2. Click OK

Normally I'm brought into the confirmation screen after following these steps (the screen where I can choose to subscribe to the case...).
However, I've found a few occasions today where, instead of being brought to the confirmation screen, FogBugz simply returns to the last case I had opened, and the new case I entered is not submitted to the list. This seems to occur randomly and can sometimes be fixed by logging in & out again, or by using another machine to enter the bug.

I'd be grateful if anyone who knows anything about such occurrences could pass it on so I can prevent this occurring in future.

Thanks

RJ Mc Intyre
Thursday, March 11, 2004

Some info that might help...

What OS is the FogBUGZ server?
What OS is the Test machine?
Which version and type of browser are you using?
Do you have a proxy server?
What is the domain name of the fogbugz machine? (IE has problems with machine/domain names with '_' in them).

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, March 11, 2004

I've been trying to help RJM and am convinced its Internet Explorer 6.0 settings, specifically something to do with cookies but I can't establish what is wrong.  Fogbugz access is fine on all PCs except one, even though privacy settings seem identical to other machines.

Any ideas?

Andrew Jackson
Friday, March 12, 2004

Thanks for your comments - this appears to have been resolved by a network administrator adjusting my settings so that FogBugz is read as a trusted site by IE. Beforehand I was getting a Privacy report that /fogbugz/spacer.gif was being blocked. This also meant that FogBUgz wasn't remembering my ID at this machine.

Haven't had any problems logging bugs since.

RJ Mc Intyre
Friday, March 12, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home