Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Attaching more than one file to a case

Folks,

We've run across the requirement to be able to attach more than one file to a case, e.g. two or three screenshots etc.

Sure, we can zip them up - but it would be really handy to be able to attach more than one file to a case at once.

Is that possible already, or does anyone else think this would be a helpful addition in a future FogBugz release?

Marc Scheuner
Thursday, March 11, 2004

You can currently attach more than one, just not at the same time. You can click Edit and attach the second.

If the case is emailed in, there is no limit to the number of cases (just the total file size).

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, March 11, 2004

> If the case is emailed in, there is no limit to the number
> of cases (just the total file size).

Is there some limit (other than Upload File Size Maximum)
as to how large the file can be?

Sean Ennis
Monday, March 15, 2004

First, I meant to type "If the case is emailed in, there is no limit to the number of attachments".

To answer your question on the size limits for case attachments, there is a setting in IIS called UploadReadAheadSize which defaults to 4 MB I believe.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Monday, March 15, 2004

>>You can currently attach more than one,
>>just not at the same time. You can click Edit
>>and attach the second.

Yeah, okay, that's a kludge, a workaround, but not a real solution.

Any hope FogBugz 3.1 or 4.0 will support multiple file attachments when I edit the case (without having to edit multiple times, just to add multiple files)??

Marc Scheuner
Tuesday, March 16, 2004

It's being considered as a feature addition. So far it's been confined to one field to keep the UI as clean as possible. I think once a clean and flexible solution is settled on it is likely to be added, but I don't know when that would be.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Tuesday, March 16, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home