Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

FogBUGZ vs Bugzilla

I am personally convinced that FogBUGZ would work better for our small development team than Bugzilla, but a few of our developers are familiar with Bugzilla and are inclined to stick with it rather than learn something new.

Has anyone created a comparison chart or head-to-head review? Can anyone provide an illustration defending the idea that FogBUGZ is superior?

project manager
Tuesday, March 02, 2004

My company wants to switch from PVCS Tracker for a host of reasons (e.g., PVCS tends to crash from time to time and needs re-installation, web based systems don't take as many resources as the combined PVCS + SQL install).  The idea was raised to use BugZilla.

My first reaction was to scoot over to Fog Creek and check out a comparison between FogBUGZ and BugZilla.  I've read all of Joel's articles, and am convinced that FogBUGZ is software written as software should be written.  The price difference between Open Source and commercial software, however, is considerable.  Therefore I need a comparison list to convince upper management.

So ... is there anyone out there who would be willing to step in and add to this discussion?  C'mon, someone's bound to have walked down this path before settling on FogBUGZ.

Moshe Rubin
Friday, April 02, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home