Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Unassignable version showing up in 'Fix For'

I have two releases created for a Project, but one is unassignable.

But, when creating new bugs, i see both in the Fix For dropdownlist, and i always have to change the selected item to Version 2.5.  It creates one step that seems unneeded.

Shouldn't unassignable releases be hidden from the Fix For list?

Thanks,
Kirk

Kirk Marple
Sunday, February 22, 2004

It's only being shown because it was the fix-for for the last bug you created.  FogBugz remembers your data from previous bugs and tries to make it easier to enter future ones.

In other words, once you create a bug for a different, assignable fix for, it will disappear.

Michael Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Actually, I don't have any bugs assigned to that (old)release.    I've never created any for Version 2.0.  I created the release just in case i'd ever need it, and i'm just populating the FogBUGZ db now with 2.5 bugs only.

I even tried to clear my cookies, to see if there was something cached, but that didn't change it.

Now if i create a new case, Version 2.0 is already selected, and i have to change it to Version 2.5

Kirk Marple

Do you have multiple Version 2.0 fix fors?  Like for example, you have set the one for the project to unassignable but you actually also have a global fix for named the same thing?

One way to check this is to make a bug with that version 2.0.  Then look at the ixFixFor field for that bug in the Bug table.  Follow that back to the FixFor table to see which actual FixFor it is using and if there are multiple ones that have the same name (and if its set to unassignable).

Michael Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Monday, February 23, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home