Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

cc'ing others

I cannot find a way to subscribe additional people to a case. If I submit a new case and Linda would benefit from being kept in the loop she can subscribe herslef to it but I would love to be able to subscribe her to it myself.

I imagined a drop down box that contained a user list which I could just pick from. It would also be super cool if there was an ALL USERS option.

Please let me know if anyone else has had this issue and/or if you are aware of a workaround.

Thanks a lot for your time and consideration on this and again for the groovy interface.

Cara

Cara Stanson
Thursday, February 12, 2004

Glad you find the interface groovy!

It's true that you can't subscribe someone to a case. We'll take a note of your suggestion, it sounds good to me, and we'll consider adding it in a future release.

For now I suggest you assign that case to Linda, and include a comment saying "please subscribe", then immediately assign it back to whomever it is actually meant to be assigned to. This triggers an automatic email notification to Linda with a link to the case. She can then click subscribe on that case.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, February 12, 2004

I have implemented this.  Mail me if you're interested.

Denis Howe
Monday, February 16, 2004

Half a dozen people have asked me for my patch that allows you to subscribe other users to a case.  It would be nice to have some idea of if/when this feature is being considered for official implementation.

Where's the future release road-map?

Denis Howe
Wednesday, March 31, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home