Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Create new cases offline

Is there any possibility to create new cases, when there is no connection to the Internet?

I could create an email, with a specific format, which is sent, when my laptop is connected to the Internet. This would be very helpful, because we are now using a lot of email communication, where we would prefer to use FogBugZ.

Other ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.

Harald Polster

Harald Polster
Monday, February 09, 2004

That's the only creative solution there is, and not a bad one, since emails are trained to wait patiently for an internet connection. A set format for the email isn't required.

For details on email submission:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBUGZ/help/FeatureGuide.html
(scroll to Mailboxes)

There's no way to submit bugs without reaching the FogBUGZ web application, unless of course you're on a LAN with the server in which case you don't need a net connection but I assume that's not your situation. 

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software

By far the easiest way is to use an email - although that will then require some amount of processing when it arrives in fogbugz as it will be flagged as an inquiry and will probably not be in the right part of the proget (assuming its in the right project at all).

The alternative is to do something cunning with bugzscout - but you'd need to wrap your own input application around it and then give yourself a nice big "submit now" button for when you're connected.

Murph

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home