Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

utf-8 mail encoding problem

The mails sent from FogBUGZ use UTF-8 encoding, however, there seems to miss the Content-Type header. Therefore, those mails cannot be correctly read if there is non-English content.

Cecil Sheng
Friday, February 06, 2004

Which version of FogBUGZ and which OS?

Michael Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Oh, and are these "reply" emails to incoming email submissions... or email notification msgs about changes to a bug....

Michael Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Sorry i forgot to mention it.
I am using  FogBUGZ Version 3.1.17 (DB 328)  on FreeBSD 5.1R, Apache 2.0.48, PHP 4.3.4.

Both in notifications and changes.

Cecil Sheng

Same problem here. Fogbugz 3.1.17 (DB 328), Linux, Apache 1.3.29, php 4.3.4.

They are bugmails incoming to mailboxes, and then they keep that way in replies an so on. (diamond symbols with a "?" inside)

Angel Fradejas

I'll release an update shortly for the PHP version to fix this.  I am still working on a workaround for the Windows version.

Michael Pryor
Fog Creek Software

we're using 3.1.9(DB328) with Jet, and we encounter similar problem, too. The mail client is Notes, and the language used in traditional Chinese.

Liang-Yun wang
Thursday, March 11, 2004

I tried the mail fucntion of fogbugz recently, and it seems to have some problem too.

The email notification is encoded in UTF-8 correctly, but the mail displayed on web page of the case can't show the mail body is correct encoding.

Here are some headers:
Subject: =?BIG5?B?tPq41XRlc3Q=?=
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="BIG5"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

-----
The body is written in big5.

Cecil Sheng
Thursday, April 08, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home