Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

How to add new status "Resolved (Verified)"

Is it possible for me to add new bug status?  My workflow is such that developer marks items as Resolved (Fixed).  When tester recieves next software build they verify that item is fixed, but don't CLOSE until product is about to ship.

So if bug is found in Beta1, fixed for Beta2, and checked in Beta 2 testing, I want it to appear as "Resolved (Verified)" thru Beta 3, 4 etc upto the GOLD release which ships to customers.  Only at that stage do we mark as closed.

I've used Bugzilla previously and it supports this with statuses called Resolved (Fixed) -> Verfied (Fixed) -> Close.  How easy is it to implement in FogBUGZ?

Andrew Jackson
Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Well, it can't be done using the UI. It can be done by modifying your source code. How easy? That depends on how familiar you or your staff are with VBScript. You could certainly model you new field on the existing fields, both in the code and in the db, and it shouldn't be too complicated. Of course, perhaps you could leave it as is and simply bring up those closed cases in a saved filter - closing a case is not deleting a case, and if the bug is fixed, but rears its ugly head again, you can always reactivate that case.

Dmitri
Fog Creek Software

Actually for this sort of modification, you wouldn't have to change the source.  You would just need to add a new "Status" to the status table in the database "Resolved - Verified".  Should only take a couple of seconds.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Is there a way to do this if you don't have Access?

HeyCoolAid!
Wednesday, February 11, 2004

<%

Dim db: Set db = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
db.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\program files\fogbugz\accessories\fogbugz.mdb"
db.Execute "INSERT into Status (sStatus, ixCategory) values('Resolved (Verified)', 1)"

%>

save as an asp file and run in your browser.  ONCE!!! only once or else it will add multiple rows and then you'll have to do the same thing (Except with delete) to delete them.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Once I figured out that I needed to run this asp file from C:\Inetpub\wwwroot everything was fine. It worked great... thanks!

HeyCoolAid!
Thursday, February 12, 2004

Could I suggest that this is added to the UI?  We have a full process and requests go through many statuses between Active and Resolved. 

Rahoul Baruah
Friday, February 27, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home