Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Assigning a bug at different point in process

I might be missing this, but when resolving a bug, is there a way to change the assignment of a bug to someone other than the person who opened it? 

For example, on our project we have serveral testers who assign bugs to developers.  When the developer resolves a bug we want the resolved bug to be assigned to the test lead no matter who opened it (so he can schedule things or assign the bug to the person who own the affected area).  Ideally would like to be able to default assignments to different people at each stage of the game. Less Ideally, it would be fine to be able to change the assign to at the time the bug is being resolved.

Could this  be b/c we're using the demo version or is it just a feature I'm requesting?

Sam H
Wednesday, April 17, 2002

You can change the assignment after resolving, but as far as I know there's no way to specify the assigned-to at the time you resolve.  Sounds like a feature you're requesting. :)

Chris Dunford
Thursday, April 18, 2002

It seems Chris Dunford is a part of Fog Creek staff. I never saw a so dedicated guy. :-)

Alexandre B Correa
Thursday, April 18, 2002

It's only because Fog Creek takes WEEKS to answer questions.

-Chris

Just KIDDING, Michael :)

Chris Dunford
Thursday, April 18, 2002

:-P

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, April 18, 2002

As it turns out, there have been a couple of occasions in the last week when I have needed to resolve a bug to someone other than hte originator, so I'd like to second this request.

I realize that you can reassign it after resolving, but still the originator gets a confusing email.

Chris Dunford
Wednesday, April 24, 2002

Thank you for your support.

Sam H
Monday, April 29, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home