Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

converting from NT/2000 to Unix

Is there an "automated" process to perform this? Now that FogBugz is available on unix, we'd like to migrate to a more stable platform (NT requires reboot every few days).

TIA

Ivan
Friday, January 23, 2004

Unfortunately there is not an automated process.  If you previously bought the Windows version and you have an up to date support contract, we will switch your order to Unix once.  You can contact us at customer-service.

If you are using Access or SQL Server with the windows version, you will have to find a program online that will allow you to convert those databases into MySQL.  We cannot do this part.

Can I ask why you have to reboot your windows server every few days?  Is this a FogBUGZ problem or a problem with your machine?

Michael H. Pryor (fogcreek)
Friday, January 23, 2004

I can't speak for Ivan, but our Windows 2000 box would slowly consume memory and slow down, eventually reaching the point where sessions would time out. I think our average uptime was somewhere between 2 and 3 weeks.

I don't have the Windows skills to tell you who ate my memory. Now that we've moved over to Mac OS X to run FogBugz, I'll have a much better idea who (if anyone) is leaking.

Steve Kalkwarf
Monday, February 09, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home