Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Code review?

We have a policy that all code changes should be reviewed by a second developer before the change gets into the released code. We'd like to include that review stage as part of the bug processing.

IIUC FogBugz doesn't enforce this sort of workflow, and that's OK. But is it possible for us somehow to tag a bug as having been reviewed, so that we can then filter on bugs that haven't been reviewed?

- Alan

Alan Stokes
Thursday, January 22, 2004

you could always "Resolve (to Review)" the case and assign it to the reviewer, who could then "Resolve (Reviewed)" the case... if i understand what you want.

Ivan
Friday, January 23, 2004

I have just signed up to a trial account of fogbugz and there are only 6 resolved cases available
1. Fixed
2. Not Reproducable
3. Duplicate
4. Postponed
5. Wont Fix
6. By Design.

I presume that is customizable. I couldn't figure out how to do so. Is it easy to do?

Nikolay Metchev
Monday, January 26, 2004

That's not customizable using the interface. You can do that by modifying the ASP source code. Note that we cannot support modified code. As mods go, this is a pretty simple one, just model your new statuses on existing ones, e.g. everywhere you see mention of an existing one see how it's used in the code and verify that your new statuses behave as the code expects. It may be as simple as adding the new ones to the Status table in the db, I haven't looked into it.

Dmitri (fog creek)
Tuesday, January 27, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home